Saturday, November 18, 2017

IT AINT OVER TIL ITS OVER

I have a post title and I am all set up to write but excuse me for a minute...I need to go back and read my last post. It has been so long since I have been here, I need to go back and see what we were talking about when I said good bye.....
Ok! I’m back. Good thing I checked.. lots to catch up on. 
First of all, my bathrobe is done.

At first glance you might think..not too bad...I hate to say it but I should have listened to my friends. It is much too big! At first I thought it would be ok, but I had tried it on over my clothes, afterwards I tried it again and it is much too big! I had hurried to finish it even though I really was not feeling up to snuff only to be disappointed. So when I packed my suitcases yesterday, it did not make the cut, and my old faithful bathrobe has come along for the ride! Why didn’t I listen to my friends when they told me it was too big!
Alright..next.
Remember I told you about the challenge from Mr. O to get my quilt finished this year...well TADA!
DONE!







It feels so good to have it done I can overlook the inconsistencies in the stitching. I have to tell you though I really enjoy the hand stitching. I am working away on another quilt I started hand quilting many years ago. No rush, no pressure, just stitching. Don’t hold your breath waiting for the finish but just know that it is being worked on.

I made Mr. O a new quilt for his birthday. 




Not a difficult pattern, just paying attention to intensity of colour is what makes this quilt.






Don’t you just love the quilting?  I think it is awesome and I can say that because I did not do it. I had it done at a quilt shop in Orillia this summer. We were going to be in the area for a family reunion and it was a great opportunity for me to have it done like one I had seen earlier in the year at their shop. 
I made several gifts for games at the reunion and also did pillows for the remaining aunts and uncles of the Leach family. I printed a photo of Granny and Grandpa and just random pieced the fronts of the pillow covers. I was very pleased with the results and thankfully so were the recipients. I also did a pillow to match the quilt I made this spring for our son and daughter in law.








After the reunion our daughter and her husband came to New Brunswick for a visit. It has been a long while and Michelle has recently become interested obsessed in quilting. She made a quilt for her husband while visiting and started one for herself. I made a bag for my grand daughter as well as a few other small things. Not bad for a weeks visit!


Do you know how hard it is to get photos of a quilt on a windy day? It was a real circus. Mr. O tried  to help us out but...that didnt work either.





We finally tacked it to the back door of the guest house and called it a day! Whew!

Speaking of “ calling it a day” that is just what I am going to do, I have been at this post for 2 hours and I temporarily lost it and spent another hour trying to retrieve it...I have and I plan to publish it. I am not willing to take the chance that I will have to rewrite. With any luck I will add a little more tomorrow night. I have been awake since 5:30 and we have been on the road for 10hours. Enough is enough. So yes this post is over, but come back for more, cause this blog aint over yet.











1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you writing again Mom....P.S. I get my interest...oh, I mean obsession for quilting from you - xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.