Friday, January 9, 2015

Making Headway

Today was our Park Guild day and  my aim today was to reassemble all the blocks I disassembled less than 24 hours ago. That however is easier said than done.  How easy it is to get lost in a job and and not really see what you are doing. I still shake my head at the mistake. My gran had a sign in her kitchen that I have thought of and repeated more than once and it has been bouncing around in my head the last couple days since realizing the mistake. 



I am happy to report that of the 180 blocks needed there are only 44 left undone. The rows are pieced and just need to assembled.



I also have a hand  project prepped and ready to embroider. The piecing that goes on top and bottom of the stitchery will be made from various red and white/cream scraps.


It feels good to get back in the swing of things and guess what? Tomorrow is another quilting day! My sister and I have planned this day for quite some time and we will be working with the same pattern but totally different fabrics and colours. I am really stoked about this project and have all the prep work done. Everything is cut. All the charms are marked and ready for sewing into HST's and I hope to see big progress on this project by end of day.
I may be one of the last people on the planet to hear of  this app but my grand daughter introduced me to a free app called OverDrive. It gives you access to thousands of ebooks AND audio books. You need to have a library card but that is something I have always had since a small girl.
I am totally enjoying this app and in case you have not heard of it, you might like to check it out.


OVERDRIVE.... Check it out.


3 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I put Overdrive on my iphone yesterday. I've been wanting to do it sooner, but my itunes account was messed up and it took a call from an Apple tech person to help me get it back. I'm guessing you will be working on Harvey today? Regardless, I can't wait to see what you do. I ADORE seeing the same pattern made up in different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh and so was I so anxiously waiting for our "Harvey" quilt day together. What a great day it was and I so enjoyed seeing those projects and bday gifts in real life. Thanks again sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overdrive is a great APP. I've had it for an number of years.
    I can't believe how much progress you can make on a project. I'm sure I would have given up on the squares (even though I'd probably never make something so intricate).
    I'm trying to remember the APP that you're using now to write your blog. I've been using one called Posts. I noticed that my pictures were showing up across my sidebars like some of yours are. I discovered that I can edit and make them smaller as I'm adding them to the post .to correct the problem.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.