Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Have Quilter Will Travel

Monday mornings some of the ladies in the community gather around a quilting frame to hand quilt. I try to attend every chance I get. It is a great social time and I can pick up hand quilting tips, everything from marking the quilt to attaching the quilt to the frame. There is always the possibility that all the chairs around the frame are filled up so. I usually bring something to work on as my backup. I have also been trying to add some exercise into my daily routine.
It is a little over 2km to the Community Centre where the quilting takes place, so I decided I would like to bike there BUT the project I had planned to bring is a double quilt I am hand quilting. I am at a bit of a standstill because I need to mark more quilting lines. Well let's see...I do have saddlebags on my bike so just maybe I can get everything packed in them.
1 double quilt ✔️
1 sewing kit with thread, needles, thimble, finger cots and scissors ✔️
1 marking pen ✔️
1 zippered pouch(for show and tell)✔️
1 quilted handbag(also show and tell)✔️
1 6x24 ruler for marking lines ✔️
1 travel cup filled with my fave coffee ✔️
1 bottle of cold juice ✔️
1 little purse with I.D. And money ✔️

That was easy!
I had a lovely couple hours chatting, quilting and sipping coffee, AND I got my exercise in as well! (Can you see my 6 x 24" ruler sticking out of my saddle bags?)

After lunch Mr. O. invited me out on a date...to pick blueberries! He is such a smooth talker how could I refuse. We picked today as well and all in all our 2 picking sessions netted us about 4.5 gallons of lovely wild blueberries.



We arrived home at 5pm giving me just 2 hours to make supper, bake a batch of lemon glazed blueberry muffins, get a shower, wash and curl my hair and get dressed for an evening out with a different bunch of gals for "game night". There are a dozen or so of us that gather to play Scrabble or Sequence once a week, and
I needed to bring a treat to share, hence the muffins. I have to say they were a big hit and several of the gals asked for the recipe. I plan on making another batch tomorrow and I will share the recipe for those of you who are interested.
Tonight Mr. O and I cleaned berries for several hours, but they are picked over, washed and bagged ready for freezing.

Can you see that little green worm that hitched a ride home with us? Just another good reason to clean and wash the berries!

We did up 8 large freezer bags filled with berries today and 6 last week! Muffins, loaf cakes, blueberry pancakes, pies...mmm!
I plan on trying a new recipe on Sunday for Blueberry Shortcake. It really does sound yummy and if it is a success I will share that recipe as well.

T-t-t-thats all folks!

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely that you're able to bike to your quilting! I would have run out of energy by night time though. Wow! Who'd have thought there'd be so much going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive... That was pretty cool how you loaded your bike to make sure you got your exercise in... I was reading your blog post to my hubby and he blurts out " I like that lady! " :)
    God Bless.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a busy day! But it sounds like a great day too. The blueberries look yummy (minus the little hitch hiker!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.