Friday, July 19, 2013

We"re Home!

Well, it was a wonderful vacation, we saw and experienced so many new and wonderful things, but I am dog tired and glad to be home. That may change once I have to start weeding and cleaning toilets and scrubbing floors, but for now, I am a happy camper to be sleeping in my own bed, and not wearing the same few items of clothing for seven weeks and for being able to shower in my own familiar shower and not always have to be keeping my eyes peeled for a public toilet. (such hardships eh?)
These were not hardships, but I am starting to realize how much I take certain things for granted, and how much I like familiarity.

Unpacking is all done, one more load of laundry to get done. Stocked up the refrigerator and started sorting through the stack of mail. Maybe bake a loaf cake tomorrow, BUT I hope to get a start on my July Schnibbles, so with any luck I will have a little something quilty to show for my next post.


"Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. Oliver Wendell Holmes

3 comments:

  1. There's no place like home! Sometimes for me, the best part of a trip is getting home again. I'm looking forward to seeing your Schnibble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...home. such a wonderful place to be. I too will be home n anxious to do my schnibbles too. Yeahhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back... and now you can digest all of the wonderful memories you made while on your fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.