Saturday, February 16, 2013

It's so nice to have a man around the house...

It has been a busy few weeks. Lots of jobs to get done...Mr. O has been really busy even though he has retired from his paying job. He has been care giver to a sickly wife...going to Dr. appt.'s and doling out meds.

I have had a sore throat, cold, stomach issues, bone scans, and a broken tooth resulting in a root canal. It has been quite a month!

Through all of that we have managed to get the basement stairs painted (3 coats of paint in 2 colours). Mr. O installed a carpet runner to finish the job. I'm pleased with the results. Nice to have that job crossed of the list.

We painted the den; again Mr. O was a major help with this job...He did all the roller work(which I absolutely hate to do) and I did all the trim and brush work on the ceiling, walls, and mouldings etc.

Hanging curtain rods and pictures and getting furniture placed back in the room is so much easier with two people!
After that job was done he installed my laundry tub in the furnace/laundry room

....and the together we reupholstered my sewing chair. My sister had brought a really cute piece of fabric when she visited last fall and it was just perfect for my chair. There was not quite enough to complete the job, but I had a piece of fabric in my stash that matched well, so we used it to cover the seat. What do you think?

Sorry about the poor photo, I apparently trashed the good photo and kept the out of focus one ...duh!
I really like the transformed chair though...thanks Barb!...and thank you Mr. O. For all your help.
It really is nice to have a man around the house...not only is he good company, but he makes the bed, does dishes, vacuums...not all the time mind you, but every bit helps.
We have both worked hard and now we are on vacation...packed a cooler, filled the tank with gas, locked things up and headed out this morning, thankfully avoiding the oncoming storm. Alarm system is on, friends and neighbours looking out for things at home and we are footloose and fancy free and headed to warmer climes. Look out Arizona; here we come!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got all that done! No wonder you were sick.
    I hope you'll have some time to relax on your trip. The warmer climate sure will be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, have you been busy and sick, too! You deserve a vacation--and warmth! Have fun in Arizona! (I lived in Sierra Vista--70 miles SW of Tucson--for 3 years.)

    ReplyDelete

  3. After the retreat, I came home with sore throat and stuffy sinuses.. Hope you feel better..
    Love the color you used on your wall...
    So it is good to have a man around the house... Hhhmmmm... My hubby is laid out on our floor at the moment with a bad back.. So what I wanted done today, I will have to do myself or wait..
    You and Mr. O have a safe trip.. And enjoy..


    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- that Mr. O is a handy guy to have around!! Hope you are feeling better Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.