Sunday, September 30, 2012

Apple Pie Without The Cheese...

Is like a kiss without a squeeze.

X's and O's, or Hugs and kisses just go together...in a birthday card, ending a love note, saying goodbye to a loved one, on a Tic Tac Toe game and in a Schnibbles Parade.

The project for September was one of Carrie Nelson's newest line of patterns; not technically a Schnibbles, more of a nibble of a Schnibble... sort of a baby Schnibbles. She calls them Little Bites. This months choice was called Speck, but I called them X's and O's. We really only had to make one, but come on, how do you choose between a X or a O ?
Here is Carrie's sNibble (Little Bite) pattern as you will see it on the package.

Actually this picture is not coming through very well on my tablet and the patterns look much nicer in real life, so here is where you can go to see them all.

http://missrosiesquiltcompany.bigcartel.com/category/little-bites/pdfs

I chose to make mine into cushions.




These little patterns are quite versatile as you will see. Just because they appear to be a small table topper or wall hanging doesn't mean that you are restricted to that...mine became cushions, and Sue made hers into something totally different...

She made two as well, but it would appear she is partial to X's, because she made two sewing machine covers in the same layout. How cute are they?

As always I urge you to go over to Sherri and Sinta's blogs to check out the parade for all the other entries.
www.aquiltinglife.com. and www.pinkpincushion.blogspot.com

Next blog post will be a big show and tell of the things my sister and I worked on while she was visiting. See you then.... XOX

8 comments:

  1. SO creative! I'm loving the sewing machine cover! I can't decided if I like the pattern better with sashing or without! Good grief, can I use any more exclamation marks? Ha ha. I love both ideas: the cushions and the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the pattern booth ways! I like the background color in your cushions.
    Neat projects and very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeahhhhhhh!!!! they look fantastic! as I knew they would...Once again to Sue a very nice job of her sewing machine covers. Well done ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE your pillows. I spotted them over at Sherri's. Lovely blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make pillows out of yours. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pillows and the colours you used (what collection ? )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with Speck! A sewing machine cover and pillows! Wow! You ladies are super creative! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great specks. That was such a fun pattern to make. I am ready to make more!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.