Monday, October 24, 2011

Back in the Saddle again...

So pleased to know that I still remember how to thread my machine. It had been so long I was beginning to wonder, but I guess it's like riding a bike...(or a horse) you never forget how. It was a wonderful though tiring week. Monday morning bright and early several cars (five I think)


crammed full of sewing machines and fabric and other necessities of life headed "up river" over winding gravel roads to arrive at a friends "camp" for a quilting retreat. Our hostess has been so gracious in opening her camp twice a year for our little Tuesday group quilting retreat. We arrived to the smell of fresh muffins in the oven and sparkling windows to allow us to enjoy the view while sewing away for two glorious days.

(I neglected to take a picture this time, but this is "my spot" and this is usually my view)
Before long we had completely taken over every available space to sew, iron, audition fabric for borders, display finished projects and of course eat.





Even though I had a few little hiccups during those two days (like arriving deep in the woods over an hour from home to discover I had left my foot pedal and power cord at home; and then when packing to return home discovering I had a very flat tire (thanks to Anne and Glenda for the extra muscle power to remove the wheel lugs, and Florence for helping man the jack and Holly for all your expert advice we did manage to change the tire ourselves)! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Home Tuesday evening and then packed up again Friday morning to go to our Guild Fall retreat. 


I continued to work on my recycled shirts project. I am making a lap quilt for a very dear friend who lost her husband earlier this year. It was a bit of a challenge to come up with something using several plaids, but I am more than pleased with my progress so far. 

I didn't have specific pattern but I did have a handy little tool to make the job go very easy. Hope to get the blocks together later this week.
The ladies had a very productive weekend and I have a few pics of some of the projects finished or in progress.











1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I just found you through the Small Blog Meet that I just linked up to. I love your recycled quilt...what a special gift for your friend! I am also very jealous of the retreat...the quilts and projects are beautiful...very talented ladies! And nice to see you are transplanted in the Maritimes! I'm a "real" one myself!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.