Sunday, January 9, 2011

Still pecking away at things...

Not too much exciting going on at The "O" residence. I spend a lot of my time tending on Mrs. O so I haven't been quilting. Actually since this photo was taken Mrs. O spends most of her time in bed. The pneumonia seems to have really taken it's toll


(Gracious!!! I look so serious, but feeding is a serious thing when the patient chokes so easily)


Let me correct that; there is not much sewing or piecing being done, but I am still pecking away at the hand quilting on my sampler quilt.


Our back yard friends are enjoying the smorgasbord of treats we offer up.


This little guy has a maze of tunnels in the fresh snow and pops up when we least expect it. It is so much watching him.


I have done a bit of sewing, and planning for the retreat coming up in February. I am not at liberty to write about it yet, but I will "tell all" after our annual retreat. Our planning committee of three has so much fun planning things and putting together treat bags for the girls, but I have to say it is a challenge to come up with fresh new ideas. I think we are doing ok though because we are filled to capacity and have a number of names on the waiting list for this year.  If you are reading this and have any retreat ideas you would like to share, I am all ears...
I have just finished reading The Help
What a great read! It is coming out in movie format soon. I sure hope they do it justice. For a first book Kathryn Stockett sure did a great job!
Right now I am reading a book by Marie Bostwick. It is called Fields of Gold...a  light read; some romance, some history, some quilting...nothing earth shattering, but it is easy to pick up and put down every time I am needed for "nursing duty". You may remember her from the series of books that started with "A Single Thread". They are much like the Jennifer Chiaverini series.
Picked up a few audio books this weekend from the library, so I hope to bar myself in the room with my sewing machine and get a few things accomplished this week. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. I'm doing some hand quilting ri9gth now too. It's very cosy to do. also, I'm just starting the Help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy. How things have changed since my last post! Some parts of Ipswich, the city where I live, are under water. Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland, has also suffered severe flooding. I'm thankful that I'm on high ground. I'll soon be posting some photos of what we saw when we went for a walk into the centre of Ipswich yesterday.

    P.S. I'm glad the only foot you broke was a replaceable one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.