Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! 2011

There is never a New Year that I don't recall these few lines. I don't know the author, but it obviously made some kind of an impression because I have remembered and quoted it since I was a young girl.


"Your future lies before you like a field of fallen snow. Be careful how you tread on it, for every mark will show."
                                                    author unknown



May peace break into your home
And may thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your coat become a magnet for $50 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline.
May laughter assault your lips.
May your clothes smell of success.
May happiness slap your face 
and your tears be that of joy.
May the problems you had, forget your home address.
In simple words, may 2011 be the best year of your life.
Happy New year from me to you.


4 comments:

  1. I love all those wonderful words in your post. Thank you and may your year be filled with good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment. I try to comment on your blog but am never successful. any tips for me? I tried going in through your blog link but no luck. I have started blogging again after a long break and I went to check you out and leave a comment on your mittens you knit, but no luck Im afraid.

      Delete
    2. It worked this time but I think it you sign in to your Google profile you should be able to comment with your name

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, Sis. and i so remember that quote too....For some reason I think it was Granny that used to quote it to us, along with all her other favorites too! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.