Thursday, December 30, 2010

the untitled blog post...

This may well be the quietest Christmas on record...there were 3 of us here on Christmas day; just Mr. O and me and Rose. 



We did however get a chance to see our family Christmas morning through the wonders of Skype and web-cams. Got to watch a bit of the gift opening and got to thank everyone for the wonderful gifts we received. 
I received too many things to list them all, but I was very spoiled.

Sometime before Christmas Mr. O asked me if there was anything special I wanted for Christmas, and I said yes! Lets do stockings for each other. What ever you buy has to be wrapped and has to fit in my stocking...now I know that takes more thought and time so I expected an argument but none came so off we went to come up with our different stocking stuffers. 
As you know, Mr. O is a runner, so I bought him high carb gel packs for his long runs, a few movies(3),a music cd, some Burt's Bees lip balms,  a hi-tech cold weather running shirt, I knit him an alpaca scarf (well actually half of an alpaca scarf) and of course a Terry's chocolate orange for the toe of the stocking. It was tough but I got everything except the scarf inside the stocking (but it would have fit in if it had been finished...long story but it is done now and being worn). I made our stockings about the same size; well actually mine was a tiny bit bigger but that was not intentional I promise!


So here is what Mr. O had for my stocking: an "Old Nova Scotia Kitchens" cookbook, 2 boxes of scented candles, several different coffee "cups" for my Keurig coffee maker, several kitchen gadgets(lettuce knife, pyrex peeler, kitchen aid spatula, a jar key), 3 movies, yarn, stitch markers, tool for picking up dropped stitches, chalk marking pen, 19 fat quarters, applique scissors, and ferraro rocher chocolates.
Now I am sure you are wondering how he managed to get all that into my stocking...well he cheated! Shame shame! He used 2 stockings! It was so much fun unwrapping everything and he was quite imaginative in his wrappings too. What fun!
All in all I received quite a few quilty things.



We also received a beautiful photo blanket from our daughter and family.

I wonder what keeps you warmer than being wrapped up in family...

I also received many wonderful birthday gifts one of which was a Saskatchewan quilt guild cookbook from my sister.I could go on and on but I won't lest you think I was totally spoiled.

We also received an unwrapped present... a ton of snow !

I took the first shift snowblowing the drive, while Mr. O supervised.



Mr. O took the second and third shifts while I lounged on the sofa eating bon-bons. He even took a break to take photos.


This is what greeted us first thing in the early morning when we opened the front door.


Can't wait to see what the New Year has in store for us!

Happy New Years folks!













4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the front of your house. I just loved the snow too! I can't believe all the little things your husband bought for the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't socks fun, eh Sis!!! The kids did that last year for Rocky & I and I loved it...It almost makes you feel like a kid again! and like Holly said the snow is oh so beautiful, but only to look at...
    And yes you were spoiled, but guess what? If anyone deserves it, YOU do!!!
    Happy New Year, Sis! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you most certainly were spoiled. Good for you! No snow here so I loved the pics of your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stockings sound fun! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.