Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's that time of the year!

I am starting to panic...I just looked at the calendar and it says it is Dec. 1 tomorrow! What in the world happened to November? Never mind November; what happened to 2010?
I had such grand plans to be ready for Christmas way early...what a laugh!
I may need to hire me some help to get all the things done in my sewing room that I want to get finished. This gal looks like a likely candidate...(not sure where I found this picture, so I can't give proper credit)

Doesn't she look like she means business?

This is how I will be moving in my studio the remainder of the week. I am hoping by Friday I will have 2 or three finished things to show you. One of them is a big one too...
are you curious yet?


In the meantime, I have a few more pics of some of my fine feathered friends.



I love my chick-a-dees.


I also wanted to mention I am making progress on my Birthday Block sampler that I am hand quilting. 


I have 4 blocks quilted and am working on block #5 . Only 7 more to go...oh yeah and the sashings and borders. Slow work, but fun to see the progress. This is the block I am working on now. My stitches are not that great, but I keep telling myself that practice makes perfect.




A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault.  ~John Henry Newman


2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the year and what happened to it. Yes, it is true that the stitches get smaller and you get better at it the more you do it. Don't worry so much about the smallness of the stitches but just try to keep them even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birthday block quilt is lovely. I agree so much with that quote.
    Life does have a way of getting in the way of our plans doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.