Friday, June 18, 2010

Quilt as you go? ...or maybe knit as you go.

A very clever quilting friend suggested that she was going to try to machine quilt her
Winter Wonderland quilt on her home machine. I wonder if I can do that... Welsh Quilter sure makes it look simple. I mean there would not be that much hand stitching, because the center stitchery part would be all one piece. I wonder...
I just may do a bit of practicing. Here is the tutorial I was reading...sure looks easy.

Just nine more posts to go and I will be doing a fabric give-away. You need to answer a question for me though. I will draw a name from all the right answers I recieve...will post a pic of the prize a little closer to the day. I can tell you though that it is a charm pack; and I may even get a notion to throw in a notion.

Well I have wasted enough time this morning; yard work is calling me.
I have a friend who was living in Peru for a while. She stayed in touch with informative e-mails and absolutely wonderful pictures.(Thanks Florence!)
 I am posting this one that she titled, "Wasting No Time". It is my most favorite.

Don't you just love the colors in the clothing...and the fact that these people are so resourceful. This woman is gathering firewood, but also knitting a sweater as she walks! Shame on me! I think knitting while watching a movie is resourceful.

OH, I almost forgot to mention. There is a very sweet give away happening over at Primitives From The Heart. Just look who might possibly come to live at your house.....

Head over and enter your name for a chance to "adopt" Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.