Friday, March 12, 2010

Just 177 more sleeps!

NEW BUSINESS:
We did it! We booked our anniversary trip for the fall. On Sept. 5th we are doing a 20 day tour of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Something I have always wanted to do...
Just 177 more sleeps til we leave. I know that seems like a long time, but I also know that before I get turned around I will be back home and reminiscing about it. I think part of the enjoyment of travel is the anticipation of it, the planning, the shopping for new clothes, the wondering of what surprises will greet you each day. and the pleasant, sweet aftertaste of so many new memories to share. So although we will only be gone for 20 days this is holiday will actually be so much longer.

Fair warning...you may be hearing more about this in future posts, so bear with me...this is my first trip overseas and I am just a little excited.

Now on to old business...(no pun intended, because Molly is the youngest senior citizen I know)
I finished the table topper. We met for a birthday lunch yesterday and I think the recipient was very pleased. We had a nice time chatting and I have to say this is a very inspirational lady. To be so active and healthy at 92 is not something you see every day. They sure don't make 'em like they used to!

Happy Birthday Molly!

Oh! Incidentally Molly is from England and when I told her Georges and I were going to the UK this fall she gave me a list of places I really must see. I hope the tour bus driver knows his way around for all the detours I have listed; and the tour director doesn't mind making changes to the itinerary. [Note to self; don't forget to pack the GPS]
By the way, I would not ordinarilly have used the blue backing for this selection of fabrics, but Molly is a real bird lover and this fabric has lots of cardinals and chick-a-dees, so I knew she would enjoy the back as well as the front.
Want to see a close up?


See ya; I have to go pack!

Just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh. good for you! What a wonderful trip it will be! I'm so happy for you, and yes the days will be here and gone before you know it! But I'm actually more excited about the trip WEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!!!
    Molly is so sweet and what a lucky gal to receive such a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.