Monday, March 15, 2010

Anticipation...

Anticipating babys ( a new great neice/nephew, and our first great grandchild)

Anticipating upcoming trips ( to Saskatchewan in March, to Ottawa in May, and the British Isles in Sept.)

Anticipating the next weigh in...oh dear!

While in the midst of writing my entry today I thought I would "google" the word anticipation.


Wikipedia says Anticipation or being enthusiastic, is an emotion involving pleasure (and sometimes anxiety) in considering some expected or longed-for good event, ...

Seneca says



"Expecting is the greatest impediment to living. In anticipation of tomorrow we lose today." Seneca Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD)

“True happiness is... to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” Seneca

Of course while searching one thing led to another and I happened upon the above quotes from the Roman Philosphopher Seneca. I continued to read his thoughts on other aspects of life and come to the conclusion he was a pretty wise man. (Not a startling discovery to some of you, but I  like to draw my own conclusions; not just say it because someone before has said so.)

So...I guess I just got "told"...enjoy today !

Here's to a glorious sunrise and to having a good day, whatever comes my way!

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! i love it! I knew I could count on you...thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.