Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I did it!

I finished one item off my list. Now mind you it is just one of many, but it was so nice to be able to write DONE beside one thing listed in my sewing basket at the sidebar on this blog. ( I would love to know how to just put a check mark, but that will come in time)

Anyway I received this quilt back from Cynthia ( my long arm quilting friend) on the 16th of July. My intention was to have it bound and ready to give to Mr. O for his birthday on the 22nd of July. When I arrived home from picking up the quilt there was a message on my machine that Mom was in a car accident and so the quilt binding was put on hold...well I finished it last night! Mr. O was snoozing on the couch, and when I finished the last stitch I got up and covered him with his quilt and whispered...Happy Birthday. Talk about a belated gift!

Yay me!! I was looking for inspiration, well this would be it...finishing a project. Makes me want to get to work on finishing another, but alas not today. Busy day today...gotta make a trip into "the city" run some errands, got a mountain of laundry to tend to, and then I get to go to guild meeting tonight. Sure will be nice to see all my quilting buddies.

Want to see my finished quilt? Well here it is. I had Cynthia quilt it in an oak leaf and acorn pattern; sort of felt good with the color pallette I had used. She did a great job and I can hardly wait to pass along another to her. Well, got to run. Ta ta,





P.S. I forgot to mention my next project. See this picture below? See that hole in the quilt? See the dark brown around the edge of the hole? Sort of looks like a cigarette burn eh? Well that's because it is! Now the person who did this shall remain nameless, and I know she feels terrible about it, but probably not as bad as I do...me being a non-smoker, this is a particularily bitter pill to swallow. This is a quilt I made and gave to my brother Gary for his fiftieth birthday. He absolutely loves this quilt; he thinks it is just perfect; I know better, but I'm not gonna tell him. I'm not gonna tell him that someone burned his quilt while he was in hospital either. What I am gonna do is try to repair it...wish me luck.



This is what it looked like "pre-burn" ...sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.